The big juicy peach is celebrated in August for its delicious flavour and nutritional benefits. Dish up more love this ‘Peach Month’ with KOO Lite Peach Slices in Fruit Juice. Vibrant and versatile, peaches complement both savoury and sweet dishes.
KOO Lite Peach Slices in Fruit Juice brings you the freshest peaches with all the goodness sealed into the can. The Lite variety of KOO Peach Slices in Fruit Juices contains 39% less total sugar than the syrup variety making them a great choice for diabetics and people following low sugar diets.
Light, luscious, and delicious, the KOO Fruit Lite range of Peach Slices, Pear Halves, Guava Halves and Fruit Cocktail in tantalising fruit juice is endorsed by Diabetes SA, the GI Foundation, and approved as part of the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s eating plan.
This Peach Month treat your family to delicious KOO Peach Almond Squares. For almost 80 years, South Africans have relied on KOO for its great taste and easy to make recipes and you can too. KOO, it’s the best you can do!
KOO Peach Almond Squares
RECIPE – Serves 6-8
120g (1 cup) GOLDEN CLOUD cake wheat flour
5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
5ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
5ml (1 tsp) ginger
100g (½ cup) sugar
2 eggs, beaten
150g butter or margarine, melted
1 can (410g) KOO LITE PEACH SLICES IN FRUIT JUICE, drained
65ml (¼ cup) flaked almonds, extra cinnamon and brown sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm X 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, cinnamon, ginger and baking powder together. Mix in the sugar.
3. Add eggs and melted margarine to the dry ingredient mixture and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin, place KOO LITE PEACH SLICES on top of the batter. Sprinkle with almonds, cinnamon and brown sugar.
5. Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes.
6. Cut into squares and serve warm or cold, with whipped cream.
KOO Lite Peach Slices in Fruit Juice retails for approximately R17.99 and is available from retailers and supermarkets across the country. For meal inspiration and delicious recipes visit – www.koo.co.za. Join the conversations on:
Twitter : https://twitter.com/KOO_Food and YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwCG1Zhh06I1X2jbLkmps7g